How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17361
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have been issued a Charge for Payment of Money and it

Customer Question

I have been issued a Charge for Payment of Money and it seems a decree was granted against me, even though the original decree was sent to an address I don't live at, and also wasnt received our signed for. (I know that because the other apartment is one I rent out, but it's been empty since January
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  touchwoodsden replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  touchwoodsden replied 19 days ago.

What is the charge for payment about and from whom?

what has your other property got to do with this please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It's from a plumber Channing I haven't paid him the full sum we agreed, it's a decree granted in the Sheriff Court in Glasgow. The Sheriff Officer bright the Charge for Payment of Money to my home address, but supposedly the original documents were mailed to the apartment I rent out. But no one of there so they could not have been signed for or delivered.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
P.s.. sorry about the spelling, I am literate, my thumbs aren't
Expert:  touchwoodsden replied 19 days ago.

I’m sorry, but you have posted this in English law. Scotland is totally different. I will get it transferred for you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. 

Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

What date was the charge served?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The charge for payment of money was issued on the 6th of June, the degree was granted against me on the 14th of April 2022
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ps. Thanks for this help, I'm a bit lost as to what to do, I really appreciate it.
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

You need to do something about this immediately and by that I mean today. If this is a simple procedure case you need to apply to recall the decree. I have attached the form which you need to fill out and take to the court.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ideal, I will do that, thank you!
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, I've sent the £44 by PayPal, do I wait to be called, or do I phone someone?
Thanks, ***** *****