How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17067
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

My husband have been harassed over a period of 24months each

This answer was rated:

My husband have been harassed over a period of 24months each time the intimidation gets serious
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we live in Scotland and the both of us are being harassed
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: went to the police, reported him to the council
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The other night he was psychically attacked in his van whilst my husband was parked and the drivers window was open. He was not even aware that assailant was in the vicinity
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hopefully someone will reply to my question soon
Thank you

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

If the Police haven't done anything then it's possible to apply to the civil court for an injunction (known as an "interdict" in Scotland).

It would be a case of applying to the court for a non-harassment order to stop the person who is doing this to you and your husband.

An application to the Sheriff court will be required for this - if granted then the order would be served on the harasser. And if they breached that, it is a criminal offence meaning a prison term of up to 5 years (including a fine).

The best way to secure an order is to use a law firm (we are not a law firm - we are an internet forum) - I will set out a few choices for you as follows :




I hope this helps

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,


JimLawyer and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, thank you, ***** ***** it has helped, take care.