RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Please I need advise from mental health lawyer / solicitor

Please I need advise from mental health lawyer / solicitor thx
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland thx
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I want to know what advantages or disadvantage has person on community Compulsory treatment order has when he's alleged to has committed a crime act eg allegation of aggression in court ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This individual was assaulted by some men and they rather took him to court for allege assault on them.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Waiting thanks

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Can you provide a little further information please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
please goodmorning.
A relative is accused of 2 cases in court
1 Augurmetative and agreession breach of peace, assault . and another (2)allegation of stalking an ex girlfriend because while in detention he send her an email congratulating her for a new jself employed job by her advert on Facebook
All these happened when he was struggling with ? Brain Injury after a mountain fall and he was assaulted by a group of men who instead accused him of assaulting them.
After this group of men assault,
was diagnosed with concussion and a broken wrist after this assault.
This assault and concussion immediately cause him difficulties that led to him being detained in a mental health hospital.
He's improved and released home but still on COMMUNITY. COMPULSORY TREATMENT ORDER ( CTO)
The court case has been fixed for trail .
Now it seems his Dr wants to take him off CTO , but continue treatment after a test suggests some organic brain issues .
Now my question is will this
Does patient being on CTO help his defence in court or harm his defence?
We need your advise to assist us in our discussion with the doctor to make the right decision at this time .
Thank you .

Thank you I am just looking at this for you just now.

I wouldn't say it will either harm or help his defence specifically, whether he is on a CTO may mean the court would come to a different sentence should he found guilty.  There are too many factors for me to make any judgments and I am not instructed in the matter.  However this may show diminished responsibility should he be found guilty, it is more about his state at the time, now just now.  If their defence solicitor does not agree with the doctor's assessment, they can look at obtaining one from a different doctor as part of the defence proceedings.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello thank you very much . Yes have throw a light on it for me . I am grateful.
"Whether he is on a CTO may mean the court would come to a different sentence should he found guilty.."
Please what are the difference sentences when such a person is found guilty? Touch wood he will not be found so .

This is not something I can say, as there is too many factors to take into consideration such as mental health/fitness and also the degree of the offences (if proven).  The court will also take previous history into consideration along with any mitigating factors which can be applied.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello sir ,
Hope you are well ?
Please can you kindly explain to me the difference sentences you refer to below :
"Whether he is on a CTO may mean the court would come to a different sentence should he found guilty"
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you Sir ,
Please previous history as other offences( criminal legal involvement) or general behaviour history ?
It is allowed to get testimonials of the accused behaviour from work place, college, organisation one is in eg in community to write to send to court about you ?
Will the court accept such testimonials and does the court consider these ?Also if you could just mention a few of the sentences options .
I can read about these online .
Thank you Sir

Unfortunately I couldn't comment on what the court would decide to do.

RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons)
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Good service I am grateful
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hello sir , thanks I know you can comment on the exact outcome but I just wanted to know about some of the ways such cases are disposed of legally .
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Goodmorning Sir
Please as I asked earlier, are testimonials of character accepted in court ?
Asking because the accused accused is a well behaved , God fearing person with no history of any of what he's being accused of .as a youth / adult he has worked voluntary various organisations and working with people eg youth groups, etc and has no bad record,