How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 4264
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I live in Scotland, can I make a Schedule 1 Application

Customer Question

I live in Scotland, can I make a Schedule 1 Application under the children Act 1989
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 7 days ago.

vHello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 7 days ago.

Thank you this legislation is for English law.   However I you are seeking child maintenance you would do an application to the Child Maintenance Service.  If you know the other parent's finical details (estimated salary) you can use tier online calculator to do an estimate of what they would require to pay.   This is based on their income.  Alternatively, you can come to a private arrangement with the other parent.  If you require to make and application via the CMS, they will not back date this, you can only claim from the date you intimated the claim.  Much fewer case are dealt with via the court.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thats not what I asked you
Expert:  RJM Law replied 7 days ago.

The act does not apply in Scotland.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
by the time you replied I had googled the act and its jurisdiction
Expert:  RJM Law replied 7 days ago.

What is it you are looking to achieve specifically ?