James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a Gazco Riva 670 wall mountyed fire that has stopped

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a Gazco Riva 670 wall mountyed fire that has stopped working - on/off is controlled by the remote control - normall just hold down the off/up button together and it starts after a few seconds - now when I do this I just get a load of bleeps and nothing happens. Any ideas?Regards,Martin.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

How old is the appliance Martin and when was it last serviced?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's 2.5 years old and was serviced about 1 year ago.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Ok and what icons\symbols are shown on the display of the remote?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not beside it right now but from memory it's just the time, battery indicator, temperature and 'Man' - have checked the manual and nothing useful for troubleshooting in that.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Have you attempted to press the reset button on the control module, as it sounds like its lost the pairing of the remote to the fire has been lost?

You mentioned you looked at the manual have you looked at the service\install manual?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There isn't a reset button but I've found another user manual which explains where the batteries are in the actual unit which I think are what may need replacing so I will try that tonight.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Have a look at the detailed service manual here (page 34) this shows you the location of the reset button.

If the appliance isnt wired in then it is possible the battery back has expired, but normally you would get an intermittent issue for a few months rather than it just stop working all together.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance or if I can close the question.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

I just wanted to follow up to see if you required anything further or if your happy for me to close the question.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything further or if your happy for me to close the question?