JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Dyson won’t pick up through foot, plenty of suction through

Customer Question

Dyson won’t pick up through foot, plenty of suction through handle, no blockages and filter is cleanish, usually when there’s a blockage the vacuum noise is struggling but the sound is normal, all pipes have been checked
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Whats the model of the Dyson your using (eg V10)?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
DC50
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Type please
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Offers for calls are just adverts you can discard them if your happy for a typed response.

Have you removed the roller and check for any obstruction in the head?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Nothing in there it’s clear
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Are you getting suction at the roller as well and is it rotating?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Roller is rotating but no suction through the foot, all suction in handle
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Ok you have blockage you going to need to strip it down, if you have inspected the hose for blockages and cant feel anything with your fingers, it will require torx screw drivers to strip it down, so if you dont have them its worth taking to an appliance repair shop.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No suction while rotating
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok will have a go later thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 days ago.

I havent heard from you in some time, do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?