Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd,
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I just bought a singer heavy duty 4423 sewing machine, and

Customer Question

Hello, I just bought a singer heavy duty 4423 sewing machine, and as my foot barely touches the pedal, the needle immediately goes very fast. I have had a sewing machine before this and know that this is not how it meant to be, could you help me reduce the speed of the needle? Or the pedal sensitivity ?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Singer sewing machine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have just bought it so I haven’t tried much - there’s no speed control button on the machine and I can’t find a way to adjust anything with the pedal
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that’s all the information I have, thank you
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I am Martyn, welcome to JustAnswer, I am sorry you are having these issues today, I am happy to try and help you get this resolved if I can.

It is under Warranty ?

Best to contact supplier with proof of purchase and dates handy as a first course of action as they are responsible for products provided by them... they may refer you to their preferred contractor to repair or replace

I would NOT recommend you do anything other than routine cleaning until you find out the status of your cover, to avoid losing the warranty

There is no Speed override function on the 4423, unlike some other electronic models

If you believe it to be considerably faster than it ought to be, then I would contact the supplier as a first course

They may have a floor model to try for comparison

The sales of machines in the last 6 months has been unprecedented, it may be that Quality Assurance has suffered... there are reports of same, unfortunately

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 20 hours ago.

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report or update ?

The foot controller may have an issue, so I recommend you contact the supplier to put your mind at rest

It is very unlikely to pass Quality Assurance, however, demand and supply have seen a huge wave in recent months

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try to help you more.

Best Wishes

Martyn