Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My microwave was purchased 3 years ago but the tenants

My microwave was purchased 3 years ago but the tenants hardly ver used, thus nearly brand new. But the new tenants found it doesn't heat food, though switch comes on and the tray goes around.
JA: What's the brand and model of your microwave?
Customer: Brand is Neff and Model is H12WE60W0G/07
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 months. I called the supplier and they sent an engineer for diagnosis. He said, "The magnetron and fuse are the issues. Then, the transformer is needed." After 2 months, he said, "The control module is needed." To make matters worse, the supplier doesn't know when he can get the parts.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am not sure about the supplier whether I can trust him or not. I would like the second opinion.

Good Day

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

If the device is set correctly and the food is warmed up anyway, then either the magnetron, transformer or the control electronics are not working properly. I would recommend turning the device off and disconnecting the power supply for at least 1 hour. Turn it on again after 1 hour and try again. Please ask your tenants whether they are really setting everything up correctly. For example the temperature.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The problem is specific: the switch comes on and the tray turns around but food does not get warm.

I have understood the problem. And in my first message I also explained to you why this error can happen. If the unit and the temperature are set correctly and there is such a problem, then you have three components that could be defective.

I cannot do the telephone service I wrote to you as well. As soon as another expert accepts your request, they will be more than happy to call you. I can still help via the chat.

Erdal Zal,
Experience: 

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

In one aspect your supplier/repairer is correct - there's more than one component that could be faulty. For that reason, the fault needs hands-on diagnosis.

I think you have two straight choices:

1. Arrange a visit from a Neff trained engineer - please see the link below:
https://www.neff-home.com/uk/service/repair

2. Scrap the appliance and start again.
I know this would be unpalatable, because it's a fairly expensive appliance, but in terms of amenity for your tenant this is the fastest resolution.

You could do both - buy an inexpensive microwave oven now, and still get the 'old' one repaired, to keep as a spare or for use elsewhere.

If this doesn't answer your question, please come back to me.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nowhere it said I would need a £30 membership and £16 for receiving a telephone call to get an answer on top of the registration fee, £5. That is in total of £5+£30+£16=£51, although it sounded just £5 to get an answer before I registered. This is a rip off.

This is a service that aims to help people, so before you class something as being a rip-off, it would be polite to (a) address your criticism to the right people, and (b) to ask if there has been a mistake that can be corrected.

This is just the technical forum, so nobody who can help you with a refund is going to read this. I suggest that you contact Customer Service at the following page:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us