KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Handyman
Experience:  Worked on Electronics for more than 15 years
70193065

The vac is charged, the filters have been washed recently so

Customer Question

The vac is charged, the filters have been washed recently so why when I go to use it does it cut out?!
JA: What's the brand and model of your vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: I’ve had it for a year. Can’t find identification on it but the manual is for the TBT3V1 range.
JA: How long has this been going on with your vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The last month. As I say I washed the filters, making sure they were dry of course but since then. They’re back in place as shown as n the manual. Brush bar clear of hair.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of - it came out of the blue and is very frustrating. Just one thing - should the handheld switch on when there’s no attachment?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates either the charger is faulty and/or battery will need replacement.

You may try this:

Please leave it unplugged for few minutes.

Then press and hold the ON button; whilst holding the ON button put the charger back on and let go the button after around 20 seconds.

See if it works, if the issue is still there, I am afraid the battery pack and/or charger will need replacement.

Usually the battery lasts for around 3-4 years.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks. Interestingly when I put the charger, on the red bar on the handheld came on and the last “quarter” is flashing! Will let you know what happens next!

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well it cut out again Kevin and the sun cation wasn’t strong as it left dust trails! Maybe it is the battery tho you said it should last 3-4 years? I bought it off Amazon and needless to say can’t find the related paperwork. It cost me less because the box was damaged. Think I’m going to have to replace it.

I understand, you may contact the manufacturer and check if they can repair it under warranty.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers