James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

The microwave is making a sound when starting up and

Customer Question

Hi there. The microwave is making a sound when starting up and finishing a. Cycle
JA: What's the brand and model of your microwave? How old is it?
Customer: new - we moved into new house Jan 2022
JA: How long has this been going on with your microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
C1amg84n0b/01
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the model number, what does the noise sound like is it a whirring, high pitch, low pitch, clicking, intermittent?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is a clicking sound after it finishes
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just with the microwave combo. Oven is fine
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

The noise was not present previously and only just started recently, has it also go louder?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No has been there from start - consistent
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is intermittent though. Doesn’t happen all the time
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Ok it sounds like the cooling fan for the magnetron may well be at fault, it could be the fan is working lose every now and again.

You can book a service by calling the warranty team on 0344(###) ###-####lines closed 4pm today, and you will need the ENR you mentioned above.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.