James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

No steam coming out of my PerfectCare Elite Philips steam

Customer Question

No steam coming out of my PerfectCare Elite Philips steam generator iron
JA: What's the brand and model of your iron? How old is it?
Customer: 3yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just 2 days, ive filled the tank, ive emptied the de-scale , I opened it and the steam came flying out super fast. Nearly scalded me
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It cost over £250.00 it shouldn't stop working this soon
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

To confirm even after descale the appliance is not producing steam?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
correct, although I stupidly opened the de-scale and huge amounts of steam came out , nearly seriously scolding me
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Where a descale has not resolved this suggests there is a blockage in the boiler or the boiler has failed.

This would need sent away for repair this can be arranged by calling 0 20 79 49 02 40 tomorrow

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.