James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I bought my Hobbs kettle (20461] on 31 Dec. 2021. The

Customer Question

I bought my Russell Hobbs kettle (20461] on 31 Dec. 2021. The mechanism for opening the lid has stopped working. Can you help? Susan Ellis
JA: What's the brand and model of your kettle? How old is it?
Customer: i bought it on31\12\21. It is a Russell Hobbs kettle,cream,electric 20461
JA: How long has this been going on with your kettle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been going on for about. Month. I’ve descaled twice.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. Don’t think so. Will you be able to replace it. I am a carer for my husband and it’s annoying the kettle isn’t function8ng correctly as you can imagine.
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m a bit surprised to be asked to pay £5 to get an answer about my faulty kettle which is quite new.
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Where the kettle mechanism is stiff it sounds like you may have some rust formed in the mechanism from where steam has got into it, it may be worth trying to WD40 around the mechanism and open and close it a few times then reapply some WD40 and again open and close the lid to see if the mechanism eases.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I look forward to your answer and hope the kettle will be replaced if it is not easily mendable by me. And my £5 credited back to me through Russell Hobbs customer services. Kind regards,susan
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It was working perfectly well and is not stiff. It’s just stopped working.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is under guarantee so how can I be given a refund or replacement please?
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Where the mechanism has stopped working rather than being stiff then a new kettle will be required as the unit is under warranty you can arrange a replacement by contacting the service team on 0345(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve rung this number and they are sending me an email.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What about the £5 I’ve paid this website?
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Where you have questions about charges or membership please contact Customer Services, as this is a technical forum with experts whom have no access to your account or billing information. You can find contact details for customer services on the Just Answer website and via the emails sent to you when signing up. Have a good day.