KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Handyman
Experience:  Worked on Electronics for more than 15 years
70193065

My vac 4 only runs for 30sec. then cuts out not 2 years till

My vac 4 only runs for 30sec. then cuts out not 2 years till july
JA: What's the brand and model of your vacuum?
Customer: model *****************64593 Dustracker it was £249 I think
JA: How long has this been going on with your vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: few days my husband has checked it thoroughly I am disabled and can’t do without it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is nothing else I can tell you

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Vax Blade 4 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.

This indicates either the charger is faulty and/or battery will need replacement.

You may try this:

Please leave it unplugged for few minutes.

Then press and hold the ON button; whilst holding the ON button put the charger back on and let go the button after around 20 seconds.

See if it works, if the issue is still there, I am afraid the battery pack and/or charger will need replacement.

Usually the battery lasts for around 3-4 years.

VAX provides 2 years warranty hence, if it is under 2 years old, you may call VAX at 0330(###) ###-####and get the battery replaced under warranty.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That is expensive is there another no

I am afraid, that is the number for VAX and there is no other number.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Kevin
I tried what you recommended and I am needing a new charging unit and a battery it goes the highest it charges is 2. Unit is still under guarantee. Can you confirm this.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Kevin No one got back to me

Hi again, sorry was offline during last few days.

You will have to contact the manufacturer and get it repaired under warranty.

Well, to be honest I do not understand your review.

I understand your frustration with your appliance not working however, hope you understand, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you.

Also, if you open and do repairs yourself in your appliance, it will void off the warranty, which is not recommended.

Have a great day.