James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Steam power iron start's and stop's streaming, Richards

My Steam power iron start's and stop's streaming
JA: What's the brand and model of your iron? How old is it?
Customer: Murphy Richards it's about 5years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's not been used for 6 months don't know what to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

What is the model number of your appliance, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Murphy Richards power steamelite about 5 year old

The fault suggests the boiler is no able to keep up with demand, typically this is associated where scale builds up in the boiler. I would perform a descale of the iron, should this not resolve the issue then a new boiler would be required.

Taking into account the age of the unit, its not likely to be an economical repair since the cost of a repair would be almost as much as a new iron.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.