Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My de longhi espresso maker is tripping electric, It's a

My de longhi espresso maker is tripping electric
JA: What's the brand and model of your espresso maker? How old is it?
Customer: It's a combined espresso & drip coffee maker. Model BC0431 About 3 years old. Drip coffee maker is working fine
JA: How long has this been going on with your espresso maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today. I've cleaned the spout and dried inside where the reservoir goes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I thought about using a descaler but I need to turn it on for that
Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Such a fault can occur if you have a faulty socket, cable connection or a defective component inside the unit. There may also be a lot of moisture in the electronics. Have you tried the appliance with another socket?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Danke Erdal,
I haven't tried it in another socket because it is a combined drip coffee maker and an espresso maker together. The drip coffee maker is working fine.

Okay, then it is possible that a short circuit is caused inside the area by a defective component or by a next electrical component. I would recommend that you turn the unit off and let it dry for at least another 24-48 hours. If it does not work, the unit should be completely opened and all electronic components checked. It is not a fault that you can simply reset.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, thank you Erdal. I can leave it turned off for 48 hours, but if that doesn't work, I don't think we can open it up and check it? Would I need a De Longhi technician in my area to do that?

If it still does not work after 48 hours, then it is unfortunately an electrical defect. The unit really needs to be completely opened up and repaired with the right tools. I don't know if they can do it naturally or not, I don't know. Then it is also recommended that you book a technician. I could give you the service number where you could book a repair appointment from the manufacturer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you Erdal. Please send me the number

Here is the telephone number where you can make a repair appointment if you wish: 0345(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you Erdal. If it is working after 48 hours, I can try that number.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, that should be, if it is NOT working after 48 hours.....
Ok please good luck and success