KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Handyman
Experience:  Worked on Electronics for more than 15 years
70193065

The turntable on my NEFF built-in microwave has stopped

The turntable on my NEFF built-in microwave has stopped turning; microwave still working.? What to do.?
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff microwave? How old is it?
Customer: It's about 15 years old -a S/S front on it. Don't have the model no. but can get it.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just stopped turning a week ago. I tried turning the central cog and it turns if yoy give it a good twist; so I believe the belt is still on it and connected. This leads me to believe the motor may be dead.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Neff Microwave.

Please provide its complete model number (starts with E NR, from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
E-Nr. H5642N0GB/04

Thank you for the model number.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

I am afraid, this indicates the turn table motor located under the turntable plate is faulty, and will need replacement.

If you want to replace it yourself, you will have to unplug the appliance, and pull it out.

Then remove the top and rear off the appliance, then you can replace the turntable motor.

Alternatively, you may call Neff at 03448 928 989 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.