How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hank F. Your Own Question
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 15585
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators.
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Hank F. is online now

Where can I acquire valves for a Kohler engine as fitted to

This answer was rated:

Where can I acquire valves for a Kohler engine as fitted to a Westwood T1250 mower?
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and spec numbers of the engine itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Hank, I do not have the model and spec numbers as requested, I cannot find the owner's handbook. My best guess is that it is a single cylinder Kohler engine, side valve, approx 1990 vintage, and the mower is labelled 12.5 hp electric start.

There will be a tag or sticker on the engine itself that has the model number.
You will not be able to get the correct parts without the proper model and specification number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In order to get the model number I will have to carry out major reorganization in my garage, since my mower is buried under other household objects. This will lead to a delay of about a day before I can answer you.

That is no problem - we are not on a time limit here.

Sorry to be such a pain, but we have to know exactly which engine we are dealing with.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Hank

I have at last unearthed the mower, and find that engine details are as follows:




Model CU1258T, could be CV1258T

Spec 1203

Serial No. XXXXXXXXXX /p>

The model number for that should be CV12.5, with a spec of 1203.
I'm not sure what the 8T (maybe BT?) is.

The part number for a standard intake valve is 12-017-01-S.
The part number for a .025 over intake valve is

The part number for a standard exhaust valve is
The part number for a 0.25 over exhaust valve is

The part number for the push rods is

You can order the parts here:

I'm not sure if this one will deal in parts or not, but you can contact them:

And here:

1 Rochester Barn
Eynsham Road
United Kingdom
Phone: +44-1865 863858
Fax: +44-1865 861754
e-mail: [email protected]
Related Links
Hank F. and other Small Engine Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Hank for the information. I have so far been unsuccessful in ordering the valves through the internet, but will try by telephone in due course

Let me know if you have any trouble.