Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a 675 series 190 cc engine on my lawn mower. Just now

I have a 675 series 190 cc engine on my lawn mower. Just now it began blowing a lot of blue smoke and the oil level dropped to empty. I suspect a blown gasket but thought it might be as easy a the choke setting being off. My question is where is the choke? I scanned through my operators manual and don't see a reference to a choke.
What is the model number of the engine? Example(###) ###-####B1 , the choke , if it has one will be the first flap in the carburetor. Is this OHV engine. if it is, head gasket can be the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found: 091 002 57 54 336. Could that be it?
The engine seems self contained. What do I have to do the reach the first flap on the carburetor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know if it's an over head valve engine or not
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_125k02.asp
numbers will be series of 6, series if 4, then letter number. Does this link above, look like it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't see that kind of number series on the engine. I'm not a mechanic. I was hoping for something easy like a button I could push. I will take the mower to a small engine shop to have it evaluated. Thanks for your effort.