Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.

I have an almost new Wolf 2300LR generator which will not

I have an almost new Wolf 2300LR generator which will not start. Despite the engine switch being on and the oil level at maximum, there is no spark at the plug or HT lead.
The low voltage cable is securely attached to the HT coil, the cables are securely attached to the on-off switch and the switch has been tested.
What other wiring is there to go wrong?

If you remove the small wire from the ignition coil, do you have spark when cranking?

If not, the coil is bad. All that makes the spark is the coil and the magnet in the flywheel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes it sparks when removing the wire from the coil. Am I correct therefore in assuming that switching the engine switch off just earths this wire to the chassis and likewise the engine oil level sensor?

yes, it grounds the spark to kill the engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. I have therefore either got a faulty oil level sensor or another wiring short somewhere.

exactly! Thank you, ***** ***** to close and get me credit.