How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 30085
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now

I have a Little Wonder lawn edger, labelled "Briggs and

This answer was rated:

I have a Little Wonder lawn edger, labelled "Briggs and Stratton Corporation, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA". These numbers are stamped on it :###-##-####01 74043003.
It is approx 40 years old and won't start. My local friendly repair shop says the carburretor is gone and they can't replace it as the engine is now obsolete and this part is unavailable.
Can you help, or is my machine irrepairable?

Model number to use for parts is(###) ###-####99 , carburetor shown is 495821, which is obsolete, but you can buy 299437 carb, which should be same carb, with longer suction tube , which the old one from your carburetor can be used. Here is one source, but you may find better price on Ebay.

Curtis B. and other Small Engine Specialists are ready to help you