Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

We have a Hyundai DHY8000SELR Diesel Generator Run which is

Customer Question

We have a Hyundai DHY8000SELR Diesel Generator Long Run which is used back for a off grid solar system, we had a fault where the digital display showed 119 V instead of 230V and stopped providing the energy for the batteries for the Solar system, we contacted Gen Power and they said it was the AVR so they supplied a new AVR which we have changed but the digital display is not coming on at all so we don't know if the fault has been rectified until the batteries run low again and it calls for the generator which as the property it supports is a holiday let don't want to get to that stage.Your advice would be much appreciated.Kind regardsJ. White
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jane,

Most systems have a way of forcing the generator to come on line, as the generator is probably set for auto start and you need to put it to manual on. The auto transfer switch (ATS) often has this function, as well as the generator. Failing that a breaker which isolates the batteries to bring the generator online.

Can you check the frequency by changing the display to Hz, and let me know if its showing 50Hz?

I would re check the configuration of the generator as it would suggest some how the output voltage has been set to 115v rather than 230, if the switch is correctly positioned, then it may be a switch fault.

Let me know outcome of checking frequency and output voltage switch