Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.

I have a Stihl FS76 Strimmer that will not start. I have put

I have a Stihl FS76 Strimmer that will not start . I have put a new ignition coil and plug on it but it still has no spark How do I check if the new coil is working properly or is there anything else that could be wrong. Regards John

The kill switch may be killing the spark, remove the kill wire going to the coil from the switch and check for spark This wire can NOT be grounded.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried it with both switch wires off but there is no spark

Only thing that makes the spark is the magnet in the flywheel and the coil next to the magnet! Are you grounding the spark plug wire when checking for spark?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have taken the plug out and grounded against engine Is it possible that the new coil is faulty and if so how do you test it

That is the test! New coil can be defective.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I have requested another coil will let you know how I get on