Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Husqvarna electric chainsaw refuses to start. Can hear the

husqvarna electric chainsaw refuses to start. Can hear the motor attempting to turn but it doesn't. Even removed the chain and blade but drive shaft won't turn

Is the chain brake working? With unit unplugged, can you turn the output shaft using pliers?

I see the question is still open.???

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Had problems logging into JA. Chainsaw - with chain and blade removed and unplugged I can turn the drive shaft using a mole grip. It is quite stiff and I can't turn by hand. Also when energised the motor will not rotate and 13 amp fuse will blow. This is odd since I last used the chain saw successfully last Autumn, and it has sat in the workshop ever since.

In my area , any tool left out in my shed gets mud wasps nests in them and jams up and ruins electric motors. Could your be full of debris from such?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i'll check for this if I can get the 2 halves of the chassis separated.

OK, the motor has to rotate freely, or it will continue to blow the fuses.