spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
65057319

Just tried my rascal scooter but the red power light

Customer Question

Hi, just tried my rascal scooter but the red power light flashes. No other power lights show? Can you advise please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 month ago.

The first thing you need to do is check batteries

You should have 2 12 volt sealed batteries and if either one has low voltage it will code out and turn red light on.

If you have a volt meter make sure each battery is about 12 volts and together they read over 24 volts.

If you like you can also bring batteries to any auto parts and have them tested for free.

If you find bad batteries shop around online as prices very

Make sure to write down battery model number for the online search

buying specific for the scooter will cost much more

Any problems let me know I'm happy to assist!
Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.