Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a problem with a kubota V1505 fitted to a Case CK 28

Customer Question

Good morning
I have a problem with a kubota V1505 fitted to a Case CK 28 mini digger. A few days ago it started up fine and ran for about 20 minutes, and then stopped. I have changed the fuel filter, the electric lift pump is working well, & there is plenty of fuel at the injection pump. But I consider there is insufficient fuel at each of the injectors.
Do you have any suggestions?
Tony
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Where is the fuel shutoff solenoid, that is used to kill the engine? On Kubota, that kills the engine when the switch is cut off, has to be powered at startup and has to stay powered with battery voltage to keep the engine running. If it is not open, no fuel goes to the injectors. Usually located at the injection pump housing, Locate it and check it for voltage with key on. If it has voltage and does not retract, the solenoid has failed. No voltage would mean there is a wiring problem. Could be a loose wire or bad relay.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for that. I've isolated the electric fuel shut off as not being the problem by powering it direct from the battery, & either way it makes no difference.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

It is the only thing that keeps fuel from entering the injectors unless the fuel pump linkage is stuck. Have you removed the solenoid to see if the engine will run? If you have fuel to the injection pump, the solenoid has to be # 1 suspect.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have taken the solenoid off & it works as it should. I'm still baffled.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Would engine start with it removed? If not, remove the throttle lever cover and look for the link between the governor and the injection pump. The linkage may be off or a spring has broken.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had to get somebody in to look at it. It would appear that the head gasket has gone, as there is low compression on two cylinders.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

!! low compression! that would make it hard to start!