Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a florabest Petrol Lawn Mower FBM450B2 purchased from

Customer Question

I have a florabest Petrol Lawn Mower FBM450B2 purchased from Lidl on 4/03/18.
After being away for a couple of weeks I used the mower yesterday and it started first pull. But after a short break I couldn't restart it.
I left it for a couple of hours then tried restarting it again, after about the third pull the engine roared into life - then died.
I tried starting the mower a few hours later but no joy and again this morning when it started briefly then died.
I have pressed the red Primer Button 3 times when first trying to start using the mower - could this be the problem as your manual says for use in cool conditions. (Yesterday was very hot today not so hot)
Can you advise please as I have long grass half cut?
Thanks Pat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't know what you mean by 'send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Try draining the carburetor bowl. It may have water in it, displacing the fuel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Looking for the carburettor bowl, I took off the cover over the Primer Button. The yellow sponge underneath is very oily, is this correct - I wondered if this was the air filter and could be the cause of the problem - should I clean it? If so how?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Clean t with soap and water and dry it out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cleaned and replaced sponge filter, tried starting engine, without priming it - still not working. Should I prime it and try again or leave it?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Prime it. I fit does not start, remove the spark plug and see if you have spark, If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the cylinder, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

I see the question is still open.??