Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

The steering on my Viking M4082 mower is jammed at full left

Customer Question

The steering on my Viking M4082 mower is jammed at full left lock
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If you cancel the question, do you refund my fee?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Yes, we refund on request.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Viking makes and model does not show. Comes up as a sewing machine. Typical mower if the steering is stuck, is because the spindle shaft is seized in the front axle. Jack it up and remove the tie rod to the wheel and see if the wheel can be turned. If not, remove the wheel and tire and use a cheater pipe on the shaft and oil on the spindle and twist until it frees up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Viking is a brand owned by Stihl of Germany. I will try what you suggest.

OK>