ranwell1
ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of Large Small engine repair business. Over 44 years. Certified both 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines
18770454

I need to replace my Kohler K341 16HP small tractor engine

I need to replace my Kohler K341 16HP small tractor engine either with a modern substitute, or I need someone who really knows this engine to pay them to rebuild it, or I need to buy a good second-hand engine. any ideas? Andy Birtwell. 01608 684239
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: I think it will be about 30 years old. The governor has stopped working and P.A.Turney have estimated nearly £1000 to put it right.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I could possibly do so, but I'd rather pay someone who specialises in this particular engine (and other similar ones) who really knows their stuff.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's attached to a Nickerson Turfmaster which is a very robust old-fashioned mowing machine and I think that there would be a number of more modern engines that would easily fit on this chassis and would be easier to have serviced in the future, so a more modern engine may be the answer. However I prefer the Kohler K341 because it's a good engine.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'd love you to continue to see if you can answer the question. Thanks. Andy. 01608 684239

Hi, I will be happy to try to help you.

The best place to find an engine or advice for replacing this engine would be

Small Engine Warehouse

It is best to call them on the phone and they can give you the best information on which engine

would replace yours...if any.

www.smallenginewarehouse.com

Small Engine Warehouse, Inc.
4023 S Walnut St
Muncie, Indiana 47302

(###) ###-####Toll Free(###) ###-####Direct(###) ###-####Fax

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
Closed Saturday & Sunday

If you need any more help with this, you can contact me here at this question...even after you have given me a GOOD 5 star rating.

.......................

"Please leave a GOOD 5 star rating for me as that is the only way I get paid for my time.You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful. If you cannot give me one of the highest ratings, then please do not rate me AT ALL until we discuss this answer further and you are happy with my answer".

ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience: Owner of Large Small engine repair business. Over 44 years. Certified both 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines