Waldemar Banasiak
Waldemar Banasiak,
Experience:  Senior Project Engineer at Peritus International Ltd
105762476

I have a florabest FKS 2200/09 chainsaw which although

i have a florabest FKS 2200/09 chainsaw which although cutting it has lost speed
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: florabest FKS 2200/09
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: general clean
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no wondering if it may need new brushes

Hi, I'm Waldemar,

How old is your chainsaw and how much you are using it?

Before you change the brushes it is good to check the chain tension and the oil.

The chain is correctly tensioned if it does not sag at the rail underside and can be rotated completely around with the gloved hand. When the saw chain is tensioned with 9 N (approx. 1 kg), the gap between the saw chain and the guide rail may not be more than 2 mm.

Chain oil travels from the tank via a tube, then runs into the guide bar and the groove where the chain moves round the guide bar. If the chain does not oil, it may be clogged with wood shavings and dirt, or there may be a blockage in the line from the chain-oil tank to the bar. Make sure you clean the chainsaw thoroughly after each use. If this does not work, run the saw without the bar to see if the oil is being pumped out of the tank.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Waldemar

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In response to Waldemar's reply the chain saw is approximately 8 years old but only used infrequently. The chain is correctly tensioned and the oil appears to be ok as chain is oiled and not smoking when in use
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: since yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just trying to get an answer as to why it has lost some powerCustomer: I have already done this yesterday and continuing with the question

Try to continue the same question to avoid that system will repeat the same initiation, don't need to start new one.

So, let's do some checks:

1. The oil is ok and you are using the recommended low adhesive oil. It is important that oil does not generate some adhesion that will reduce the speed.

2. Check the voltage of the power source is in accordance with the equipment label. If you have some problem with power it can cause lower voltage and lower speed of electric motor.

3. Check the chain brake. Release the chain brake by shifting the brake arm over against the front grip. If the brake is malfunctioning, it can lower the speed of motor.

If everything is fine and speed will not come back then it would be good to start checking the motor itself: changing brushes, clean commutator.

I hope something works.

Kind Regards,

Waldemar

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks is it possible to obtain a set of brushes in advance?

You can find here https://www.mrcarbonbrush.com/Florabest__FKS_2200_B1_chainsaw/p2644628_16523023.aspx

Let me know if you need further help.

If you don't mind, please, rate my answer with 4 or 5 stars.

Thanks,

Waldemar

Waldemar Banasiak,
Experience: Senior Project Engineer at Peritus International Ltd
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks have ordered Regards ***** *****