James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

I inherited a Honda Countax C600H when I bought my house. It

Customer Question

I inherited a Honda Countax C600H when I bought my house. It was serviced in April and several parts had to be replaced.
JA: Who makes your tool or machine? How old is it?
Customer: Honda. I don't know how old the machine is and I don't have the handbook. A message comes up - COU6 when you try and start it - is this showing the fault? The battery and fuel have been checked. When you turn the ignition it just clicks.
JA: The Small Engine Technician can help you find the model number; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The machine packed up on Saturday. I'm a lady who has someone to cut my lawns for me. It may be best if I got the mower man to contact you. He said the battery was fully charged and there was fuel in the tank. I believe the engine started to cut out and then gave up.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all I was told by the mower man. I don't know much about mowers!!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 year ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll wait a little longer. I hope someone has an idea of what is wrong!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So does it not even start, or does it start but then stall when you engage gear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not start at all. When you turn the ignition key it just clicks. When I had a Hayter ride on if the motor did not turn over it was usually the battery. My mower man has checked the battery which he says is OK and there is plenty of fuel in tank. When you turn the ignition key a code comes up - COU6. As I bought the mower recently, when I bought the house, I do not have a handbook.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

COU6 is shown on the display which shows the total hours used?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see if you need any further assistance, or if your happy for me to close the question?