James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

The bar and switch mechanism on my oldish Bosch Rotak 34Li

The bar and switch mechanism on my oldish Bosch Rotak 34Li have disintegrated. Can I replace that with a later mechanism that doesn't depend on the bar?
JA: How old is your Bosch appliance?
Customer: From memory, at least 6 years old. So,. not Ergoflex.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a neew Bosch for the lawn. I use the old one to 'chop' vegetable matter from the garden (hedge cuttings etc) for the compost heap. The bart collap[sed first, so I've been depressing the switch manually (having taklen the cover off - oops.) Now that seems to have died. I just want a simple on-off swith gear.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait a day or two. Thanks.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Are you able to show an example or list part number of the switch your looking to replace it with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just sdeen this. No, I don't have as specific part in mind, thought looking at other makes of cordless miowers on line I saw the GreenWorks G40LM41K2X which seems to have the kind of switch I had in mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't want to spend £16 on a phone call. If Justanswer can email me an answer to my question, I'll be happy.

Options for calls are just adverts you can discard them if your happy for a typed response.

In short yes you could fit that switch on your mower as its rated to 40v and your mower doesnt require more than that to function, however it would invalidate any warranty, and not be used according to manufacture instructions,

If you call 0333(###) ###-####/strong> explain your looking for the switch mechanism for the G40LM41K2X they will give you a price.

James, Technician
Experience: BSc (Hons)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. No problem with invalidating a warranty - this is an older mower I just use for mowiong down garden waste for the compost heap.