Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Bosch electric chainsaw safety brake jammed on, Just going

Customer Question

bosch electric chainsaw safety brake jammed on
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch chainsaw? How old is it?
Customer: Just going to get it! 3 600 C36 H70
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch chainsaw? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Stopped working yesterday for no apparent reason. Have taken all covers off and the sprocket is soundly gripped by the brake and no amount of fiddling will let it free.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, except the handle is held mainly by a large screw and that attachment point has sheared off internally but probably some time ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, Sorry, thought I was getting a phone call yesterday and have only just looked at your reply. Hope you are around today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fine, I'm ready for online chat
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I am afraid I am not available to call, you will only charge if you receive the call.

Regarding the chainsaw can you please double check the model number?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, Sorry for delay. There's no model number anywhere on the machine but manual is for AKE 30 & 35 & 40 -18S
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Which part in the diagram here are you having issues with

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, It's the other side of part 21. The sprocket at the end of the motor driveshaft has the safety band wrapped tightly around it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
James, would a photograph help? Does it cost another £16 to switch to a phone call? Ian
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
James, I've waited another 25 minutes, are you still in work?
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon, I see that the previous expert has opted out. I'll do my best to help you.

I've digested all the information you posted. A photo would help - could you attach one? Look for the "sheets of documents" icon.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Tim, Thanks for your contact. I attach 2 photos and hope they help. Look forward to hearing from you, apologies if I'm not always instantly in front of computer. Ian
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 1 month ago.

Thank Ian. There’s no time pressure from me! This topic will stay open for days if needed.

Is this spring intact? Something looks slightly wrong here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Tim, That end looks fine, spring unbroken but other end looks rather stretched, don't know if you can see that from photo.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tim, More obvious from photo showing bigger picture.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tim, This is where I get confused, are you still available or handling other clients or what? Waited last 3 hours for further advice. Ian
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4.40pm Signing off for today. Hope there may be something by tomorrow. Ian