Gery66
Gery66,
101431949

I have black & decker battery chainsaw. The chain came off

Customer Question

I have black & decker battery chainsaw. The chain came off but I cant get the side plate off to put it back on. The orange screw part wont turn & the black knob just goes round & round. Nothing will unscrew.
JA: Do you know the model of your BLACK+DECKER chainsaw? How old is it?
Customer: 2 yrs old GKC3630L20 H1 36V 12"
JA: How long has this been going on with your BLACK+DECKER chainsaw? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened today tried turning orange screw putting tension on & undoing black knob.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: was afraid to twist cover in case it broke
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will wait a couple of days
Expert:  Gery66 replied 9 days ago.

Dear Customer,
thank you for your inquiry at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I try to help you to find a solution for the problem, which is annoying, I understand.
You have followed the instruction manual? Sorry for that question, I am not saying you haven't done it as described, just wanted to make sure!

Is it the first time the chain came off?

You can try to put a towel or something similar around the orange screw part and carefully try to turn it with a large pliers.

Do you still have the original invoice of your chainsaw? Maybe you still have warranty, if a the chainsaw is faulty!

Of course, I am always happy to help you anytime!

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Best regards.
Your's Gery