Gery66
Gery66,
101431949

I have a briggs and stratton Vanguard 16v twin enging which

Customer Question

I have a briggs and stratton Vanguard 16v twin enging which will run for 20minutes then stops
JA: Do you know the model of your Briggs & Stratton tool or machine? How old is it?
Customer: the model is 305442 10years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Briggs & Stratton? What have you tried so far?
Customer: started last year had it taken into a dealer full service done given back to me ran better for about 40mins then stopped
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sent it back in had the carb cleaned out to no avail agreed to have a reconditiond one fitted great ? engine has run perfect all summer till this w/e problems back again
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The engine is part of a Logic Flail mower but there is no problem there
Expert:  Gery66 replied 4 days ago.

Dear Customer,
thank you for your inquiry at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I try to help you to find a solution for the problem, which is annoying, I understand.
A simple, often overlooked, trigger for an engine stall occurs when the heated gases inside the fuel tank can't vent properly. The pressure causes the gas flow to reverse and move out of the carburetor, effectively shutting the engine down. Often referred to as vapor lock, the engine can't operate with these heated gases trapped inside the tank. On lawn mowers, most vapor lock occurs through a dirty fuel tank cap. These caps have a small vent hole that allows the tank to maintain the proper pressure. Clean or replace the fuel cap.

This is just a suggestion off course, but it may help you to solve the problem, let me know it it worked, thank you.

Of course, I am always happy to help you anytime!

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Best regards.
Your's Gery

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi gery thanks for that response if I leave the engine for 10 minutes it will start no problem and run again for 20 mins if I am going over thicker grass increasing the load that’s when the engine will stall does that effect your 1st suggestion?
Expert:  Gery66 replied 4 days ago.

Hi, yes I would say that has an effect, as the engine get's hot faster as a result!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’ll try that and let you know the results ����
Expert:  Gery66 replied 4 days ago.

Okay, thank you and good luck!

Expert:  Gery66 replied 1 day ago.

Dear customer,
as I have not heard from you since a while, do you still need help or further information?
I am here for you off course, let me know please.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Your's Gery