Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a Stiga estate president 13, 5/92 hydro ,when i push

Customer Question

I have a Stiga estate president 13, 5/92 hydro ,when i push the lever forward to the rotary cutting mode the engine cuts out, can you help.
JA: Do you know the model of your Rotary engine? How old is it?
Customer: not offhand but i could find out.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rotary engine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed to new fuel, checked spark plug good spark,cleaned some elect.cons,cleaned air cleaner.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is a micro switch behind the cutter lever ,when i hold in place and then push the lever forward to start the cutter it works ok.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 23 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 20 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Safety switch is not working to complete the run circuit, check the safety switches and the harness to them for damage.   Seat switch and PTO switch are common problem areas.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

(: