Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Engine saturated and plug gets wet right away so how can I

engine saturated and plug gets wet right away so how can I dry out engine spark at plug
JA: What's the brand and model of your engine? How old is it?
Customer: it's probably 20 yrs but only used in small garden and goes alright and had it running a shortbwhile ago
JA: How long has this been going on with your engine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: done all the necessary things ex cept cleaning spark arrester couldn't get screws undone but engine still went
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: engine can run smoothly one minute and then at times throttle needs moving up and down to keep engine going was like that last year but managed to dig garden
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
would like opinion by new technician but would also like to add other symptons
One minute the engine was running fine then stopped and couldn't get it going again it seems to alternate between not getting petrol and the engine getting badly flooded with the result it takes a long time getting it dried out. Carb has been checked and clean but I'm sure new gaskets would help. Plug spark appears satisfactory
Hope this helps you to make a better diagnosis. Thankyou Alasdair

You say the plug is wet? When the plug is wet, do you have a spark at the plug?  When the engine quits, how long before you can restart? What is the engine make and model? May time the coil will lose the spark, and you will find the plug wet because the fuel Is not being burned.  If it is just flooding, rebuild or replace the carburetor.  If you are losing spark, replace the ignition module/coil.

Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.