Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

It a honda ht-r 3009 ride on mower - can you help, i don't

it a honda ht-r 3009 ride on mower - can you help
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: i don't know but i think the serial # is 76171-751-010
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: i don't know i bought it at a farm sale
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the cable from the gear lever to the clutch swapped it over from a scrapper exact same now it won't go in gear at all
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no & no
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We changed the deck from the scrapper and put on a new drive belt - thought it was good to and went 20 yds and then this cable snapped - it is connected to the clutch mechanism on the Lhs from the gear lever and then there is another cable which comes from the foot pedal to this same clutch mechanism
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (1V576Q6)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please - I would like you to continue you your search - I am at a bit of a loss at the moment.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Any News?
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok !
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok - I am still looking for help

I see your picture, have you removed the cable you installed and worked the lever? The adjustment for the cables is the mounting, where the lock nuts are. You move the cable in and out, The slotted lever makes adjustment critical. I see some marks scribed on the lever, the top cable lines up, the bottom cable looks like it needs to be moved back to the left.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Curtis
Thank you for this response. I will show it to my neighbour tomorrow morning- he has been helping me.
Please leave this line of communication open and as soon as we get back on the mowers I’ll get back to you. Hopefully not too long.
Cheers ***** *****
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to call you but it would be best when my neighbour is with me and we are by the machine. Is that going to be ok if it’s tomorrow sometime?

Call is extra charge, And I don't know what I can add, try adjusting the cable, then decide if you want a call. I see so few of these, so I'm working off of what I see in the picture.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok - I’ll show your suggestion to my mate tomorrow and get back to you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well today is not a day for being outside fiddling about with mowers!
Rain and high winds like I’ve never seen before in May.
I’ll have another look tomorrow.

OK> I will be here.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Good Morning again
I have identified the lever and the marks on the lever. You say the adjustment is critical - do you have any more guidance on positioning the cable adjustment. I have got to a point where the machine won’t start now or try to fire is that because of the position of the lever?

Line up the marks, and try it!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Had a flat battery ! Schoolboy error!
I’m going to try again tomorrow
I’ll be back!

OK>

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is beating me - I have tried the lever cables in all positions and no joy - it won’t even fire now. I don’t know what we can have done.
It was at least a runner before we broke the cable and swapped another one from the scrapper,

Engine is cranking, just not starting? Do you have fuel and spark?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Engine not cranking? I don’t understand why.

What is the battery voltage? Is there an ignition fuse that could be blown? Do you have a fuel solenoid in the carburetor, does it click if you flip the key on and off? If the fuel solenoid does not click, the key switch has no voltage and a blown fuse would be suspect.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The battery is fully charged now.
Where would I find the fuse?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There is no click when I turn the key

Here is fuse location.??

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Any idea which in might be suspect?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The engine was starting and running until the cable broke
Now starting doesn’t work - doesn’t do anything when I turn the key
Is it still something to do with the positioning of the lever
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (MZSL52M)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Just as a matter of interest are you in the USA?

Ye, Texas! Your picture above with the relays, is the white wire to the right of the blue wire off?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will have to check in the morning- just going to play golf in a bit.
My daughter in law lives in Lubbock

Red Raiders! Texas Tech.

Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have pushed and prodded all the wires I can see and cannot find any loose connections.
But still when I turn the it is dead!
Berg ffrustrating

Did you see the white wire ? And it is not just hanging?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Looks ok to me

It just looked funny. So do you have power to the key switch?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
How can I check that?

Do you get any indication that the switch has power? Voltmeter or test light would do, or do you get a click from the carburetor if you flip the key on and off?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I get. no indication that there is power at the key switch. It is dead.

The power for the key comes through the fuse panel. Are fuses all good?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’ll check.

OK>

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is it possible that there is a connection between the broken clutch cable which we replaced and now a wiring problem or are they coincidental and unrelated problems.

The only way the cable would affect start is if the cable is used to put the transmission in neutral, and would have a neutral switch.  I figure the two are not related.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Well I’ve found an HT-R3009 manual on line and set the drive clutch according to the manual.
I’ve checked the battery is still fully charged.
Turning the key to start gets not a peep - so it must be the wiring - I guess.

Do you have battery voltage to the key? At least 12.5 volts?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I don’t know and I don’t have a tester
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will go and get one.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
A Voltage Detector pen from Screwfix should do it?

I use a cheap digital voltmeter. less than $10 at auto or retail store, or even less at Harbor Freight. Or you can use a test light. But a light won't tell you how much voltage, will just turn on the light.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’ve texted my neighbor first he might have one
Talk tomorrowWhere in Texas are you?

Central, north of Austin.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Texas alone is 3 times the size of the UK !

We like to think it is huge!  800 miles plus at its widest part.  I drove to Austin 50 plus miles one way for 35 years.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Everything is bigger in America - I love it

I hope we survive this president!

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
You Will - he’s helping the value of my pound though!

Glad he is helping someone!

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I haven’t had a chance to look at the mower today but someone suggested it might be to do with the sensor on the transmission not recognising that it is in neutral to start.

Yes, the tractor has to be in neutral.