Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I’ve got a Bosch axt 25tc garden shredder but the motor

Customer Question

Hi, I’ve got a Bosch axt 25tc garden shredder but the motor won’t run in any direction, there’s one green led lit and no beeps, the collection bin and chute are correctly fitted. Ive looked at the PCB and it looks ok no evidence of anything burnt out, I can only think it a problem with the motor, when you push the button to start it you can hear a click and that’s it
JA: How old is your Bosch shredder?
Customer: Not sure, i got it second hand
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch shredder? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to use it yesterday and it wouldn’t run, I’ve checked all the safety switches and they are ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i tried plugging it into a plug socket direct as I’ve read something about using long extension leads can affect it, still no joy
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi I’m ok to wait for an answer
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 15 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m happy to wait, Aaron
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Can you manually move the motor with the unit unplugged? You have moved it closer to the plug from the house, so voltage loss is not so great? Are you getting full voltage to the motor leads? If you are, the motor needs to be checked by a professional, it may be bad.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

(:

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Curtis, I have moved it closer to the plug and plugged it in direct to the socket on the wall and the motor does turn freely by hand. I think I was getting about 242/3 volts at the wires coming into the shredder from the mains.
Today I checked the capacitor with my meter and I think that may be the problem. There was no voltage coming from the capacitor, and when I checked the resistance it just said 0 it never changed when I first put the meter on it or after a little while. I found one on eBay and have ordered it so hopefully it will be here in a day or two and I can try it.
Aaron
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Sounds good.