James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

How can I get into electric insert into a Flymo lawnmower?

Customer Question

JA: What's the brand and model of your lawn mower? How old is it?
Customer: Flymo E30. Pretty old...
JA: How long has this been going on with your lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My son mowed over the cord yesterda, and I want to rewire the insert into the mower, but am finding it difficult to open. I have removed the nut and bolt.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The insert is branded Black and Decker and has the number 844840.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 20 days ago.

Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an Engineer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Where you do not want to join the cable which has been cut but replace the entire section with the screw removed you can use a putty knife to prise it open its likely over the years you have debris in it preventing it coming apart.