Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a Ransome super Certes 61 mower, I have just had a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Ransome super Certes 61 mower, I have just had a new shaver blade fitted but on first use I find that the mower is cutting about a third of the width on each side but the centre of of the cut is doing next to nothing.
JA: What's the brand and model of your lawn mower? How old is it?
Customer: Ransom super Certes 61 it is about 25 years old. Sounds old but we are very small bowls club and very had up!!!
JA: How long has this been going on with your lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have had bottom blade issues, but local TV garden just fitted a new bottom blade and now cuts as described.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, old bottom blade was not cutting very, it had chips in it but was cutting fairly evenly.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Sounds like the bottom blade is not straight. It has to be straight and adjusted so it has equal clearance to the rotating blades on sides as well as in the center. Blade needs to be checked for straightness.