Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Can’t get my &q 40cm petrol mower to run, starts but then a

Customer Question

Can’t get my b&q 40cm petrol mower to run, starts but then a few seconds later stalls? Checked all of the obvious things, replaced the spark plug, it has fuel etc
JA: Who makes your lawn mower? How old is it?
Customer: Has a b&q label on it plus 40cm, petrol mower, TRY3.5PLMA and manual for the engine has DYMA1P60FA DYM1P64FA, can’t find who’s it is though.
JA: How long has this been going on with your lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: oh it’s about 6/7 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: checked it has fuel at carburettor, cleaned air filter.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 13 days ago.

With the Briggs, if the carburetor has a cup, try loosening the cup, to see if it may have water in the bowl. The fuel is not going through the carburetor and if it has water, it may need to be removed and cleaned.