Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

My Lawn Mower has lost the setting springs, it does not hold

Customer Question

My Lawn Mower has lost the setting springs, it does not hold and bobs up and down, can it be repaired if so how, thanks, ***** *****
JA: What's the brand and model of your lawn mower? How old is it?
Customer: Universal ROTARK650, six years old Bosh Power Drive
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: two weeks, nothing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** wait.
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 11 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 days ago.

The springs need to be so they have no slack in them, try just moving the bracket far enough that the springs remove the slack, but do not add tension. Adding tension will make the engine run faster. The bracket for spring may need to be bent.