Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

125 344cc engine keeps cutting out fitted new in line filter

Customer Question

125 344cc engine keeps cutting out fitted new in line filter cleaned out fuel tank
JA: Who makes your engine? How old is it?
Customer: Briggs and Stratton about 12-15yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your Briggs & Stratton engine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started last mowing season fitted new inline filter cleaned out fuel tank
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only runs on half choke
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 7 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
please by email thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 days ago.

Arburetor is dirty and needs to be completely cleaned. You can check by removing the bowl on the bottom of the carby.