canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

I have a Mountfield mower and the mechanism to move the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Mountfield mower and the mechanism to move the blades higher or lower will not budge
JA: What's the brand and model of your lawn mower? How old is it?
Customer: Mountfieldsp551+V LS about a year old if that
JA: How long has this been going on with your lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was very stiff when we first got it and the guy said to slightly lift lever and press button at same time. I have tried getting out any old mud and grass in case that was preventing it from moving.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no sorry
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. I know you have been waiting for a while for a reply so I will provide an answer now in case it will help immediately with your issue. Please follow up with any questions or updates and I surely will continue to assist. There is no time limit to your reply so surely reply when it is the most convenient. I may not be online when you do, so please know I will reply at the first opportunity.

The issue is a blockage in the linkage. You will have to remove the wheel and remove the blockage to get it going again.