Tim JA
Tim JA, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Ive got a briggs and stratton 4300e. Ive changed the air

Hi ive got a briggs and stratton 4300e. Ive changed the air filter oil and spark plug and bought a new coil.It starts then instantly cuts out any ideas what it might be please?
JA: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your Briggs & Stratton tool or machine? How old is it?
Customer: 2 years old currently just done everything
JA: How long has this been going on with your Briggs & Stratton? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New air filter ( old one clogged and dorty) new carburettor new spark plug and changed the oil.Ive also purchased a new coil
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope thats it

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Im happy to give it 3 or 4 days but if you havent found one by Friday then Id like my money back please

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

What preceded the replacement of all these parts?
Was there a problem that you needed to solve?
When was the mower last working normally?
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It was working properly at the start of August but literally stopped as I was cutting a lawn.Since then Ive tried everything I can think of.The coil pack is a specific Briggs and stratton and brand new.The machine starts first pull but once it starts and gets warm all the problems occur.

For long does it run? Are we talking 5 seconds, or 5 minutes?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
5 minutes maybe 10 once intially started then stalls and is virtually impossible to restart

I would do a compression test next, to check that there are no cylinder, ring, or valve problems.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry but how do I do that exactly as I dont have compression test equipment

You can't do it without a tester. And you can't do basic engine health checks without one. They aren't expensive:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alight-Tools-Compression-Cylinder-Automotive/dp/B08C5J3GLP/

Tim JA, Engine Rebuilder
Experience: Owner at Self-employed