Tim JA
Tim JA, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Jon, I have a 12HP Briggs and Stratton lawn mower. Can it

Customer Question

Hi Jon, I have a 12HP Briggs and Stratton lawn mower. Can it take the new E10 fuel we now have in the UK? Thanks! Chris
JA: How old is your Briggs & Stratton lawn mower? When did you last change the oil?
Customer: Hi Pearl, The oil was just changed and the lawnmower is at least 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Briggs & Stratton lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its about the new E10 fuel, so just recent
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for your message. I can wait for your answer. Best, Christophe
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good morning Chris, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Yes, you can use E10 fuel, but not any fuel with any greater proportion of Ethanol.

Please see the following guidance on fuel and fuel additives.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/eu/en_gb/support/faqs/browse/fuel-recommendations.html

If this doesn't answer your question, please come back to me.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks Tim
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome. Have a good weekend :-)