James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

Hiya, My homelite hht400t blade trimmer has lost power,

Customer Question

Hiya, My homelite hht400t blade trimmer has lost power, fuses replaced, still not working, was in use and just stopped. All connections ok. Thanks
JA: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your Homelite trimmer? How old is it?
Customer: I keep it in good shape, about 8 years, very reliable until now. Thanks
JA: How long has this been going on with your Homelite trimmer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In the last 2 hours. Checked all fuses and plugs. No breaks in cable. Thought I had it back, worked for about 20 seconds then died. House fuse board not tripped now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Tripped fuseboard once, using extension lead, checked that with other items and it works ok.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an Engineer with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
The hedge trimmer is getting to the end of its expected life, to confirm the flex and plug are all in good condition if you tape the handle \ trigger is there no life at all (not even for a second)?

Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Most likely the fault will be electrical relating to the switch having failed and not allowing power to go to the motor so would suggest you consider replacing the switch.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.