Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have olympian genset GEP88-1 fitted with perkins engine

I have olympian genset GEP88-1 fitted with perkins engine 1104A-44TG2 and i want to buy a new fuel injection pump,
JA: What's the brand and model of your engine? How old is it?
Customer: The OEM PUMP MODEL IS V 3349F333T and the offered pump model from Delphi is 3349F333T ,
JA: How long has this been going on with your engine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: What is the difference between the two pump ?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thank you

There is no difference between the two injection pumps. The V is only on the orginal pump. The replacement will not have the V, but is the exact same pump.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your reply.
On reviewing my question I found that the information should be the opposite, the original OEM pump without V and the offered one with V. Does this make any difference?
Please find attached photo for the OEM pump and the offered pump to refer to my question and also to ask one more question:
In the OEM under the type there is the number 1488 and most of the spare parts supplier are offering Delphi pump DPA instead of 1488 under the type but with the same number 3349F333T under the DES and I read that it is for Perkins Vista engine . I would like to Know is there any difference between the OEM pump and quoted one regarding the handling capacity of fuel according to engine size and type 1104A-44TG2?Many thanks

Makes no difference, pumps are the same.

Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.