James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

My electric corded lawnmower has changed noise ,the blade is

Customer Question

My electric corded lawnmower has changed noise ,the blade is rotating slowly but not cutting
JA: What's the brand and model of your lawn mower? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch Advanced rotak650. ,it’s 7months old having replaced a 3 month one when the starter stopped working
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since yesterday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ive checked the bolt and washer on the blade ,What else can I check?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Is the blade correctly seated and is appear to rotate by hand without resistance?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it moves evenly and rotates easily, I first thought it was much more easily than the last time I turned it ,but my memory is not great
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I'm not technical enough to talk me through it ,I thought if you had an idea what was wrong I would have a go at replacing something. If not I'll send it back to Bosch again
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Understood, where you believe there is a hardware fault then you can arrange for a in warranty repair by completing the form here.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.