James
James, Technician
Experience:  BSc (Hons)
75967336

My tv is no longer connecting to my wireless router and I

Hi my tv is no longer connecting to my wireless router and I would like some help please.
JA: What's the brand and model of your router? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a sky router model sr203 approx 6 months okd other devices in the house are still connecting and working such as mobiles
JA: How long has this been going on with your router? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 days. I was watching Netflix and it sufdently lost connection I have restarted the router, turned the tv on and off at the socket, tried I putting the password ***** but the tv is not accepting it and it is correct
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i think that’s everything thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also my sky a box is still working so it seems like it’s definitely tv related

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Have you powered off the router for 1 minute and then turned it back, then attempted to connect the TV back to the sky router?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi James thanks for looking into this. Yes I did try this but it was the same result.

Do you see the WIFI name shown in the list when connecting the TV but it fails to connect or will it not even find the WIFI name?

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this time, but happy to elaborate once you provide the additional info. For now I hope you find this initial guidance useful.

Where there is no WIFI name shown it suggests the WIFI controller in the TV has failed and a new main board should be installed in the TV

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi James. I can see the WiFi name. When I select it and enter the password ***** no longer accepts it. I’ve done this several times and checked the password ***** ***** t but it isn’t accepting it. Thanks

Ok, turn on the hot spot on your phone and see if you can connect to the wifi hot spot.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The hotspot worked and then I managed to connect to the WiFi on it too. Thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it’s all working now thanks

I have been asked to acknowledge I have closed the question, have a great day, should you need further assistance please do reply back and this will reopen the question.